We’re excited to announce that the Alta Costura store will be reopening from Monday 15th June 2020.
We understand that trying on wedding dresses involves close contact between the bride and our consultant, with both in the changing room helping the bride in and out of dresses! Our priority is to keep our lovely brides, guests, and our staff as safe as possible during this time. While the social distancing rules are in place, we will need to adapt how we do things.
How will it work?
- We are running fewer bridal appointments than usual, and the demand for appointments is high. We are prioritising appointment requests by wedding date, and also extending our opening hours to include Sundays from 10am -4pm temporarily. This means there are fewer staff and customers in the shop at any one time.
- At this time, we are asking brides to only bring one guest to the store who is able to help them in and out of the dresses. Our brides are welcome to make use of video calls (Facetime, Skype or Zoom) to connect with other special people during the appointment. The bridal consultant will be on hand throughout the appointment to assist at a safe distance.
- We are asking brides to please arrive a maximum of 10 minutes before the appointment, and to make use of the hand sanitiser provided. We have marked out the floor at 2m intervals to make social distancing easier.
- We know they are not very glamorous, but gloves and face masks are all available! You are of course welcome to bring your own. Our consultants will be wearing face masks or face visors and gloves during the appointment.
- Each fitting room suite will be thoroughly cleaned between bridal appointments. For this reason, we are asking our brides to kindly keep to within their appointment time, so we can get the fitting room prepared again.
Book an appointment
Head over to our book an appointment page to book your slot – and remember, we’ve extended our opening days to Sundays too!